Here we go...

It’s hard to know how to start this really, not being someone who writes a lot or at all really (unless its a shopping list!). I know they say everyone has a book in them but I am starting to think more realistically a bullet point list?!?! But I will give it a go on this little Blog!

I have copied all the background to my adventure from my facebook if anyone fancies reading how I got here feel free..

Thursday 4 December 2008

Hong Kong

Where to start, my terminal 5 experience was fantastic, such a breath of travelling fresh air... just breezed through to the lounge and bar... quick drink and onto the plane to Hong Kong.

Such a shame that Matts blackberry broke down, and funny that we seemed to be just a couple of hours apart on the tourist route around Hong Kong but never actually met up! But needless to say, Hong Kong hasn't changed that much since my last visit in 1994 at a mere ooooh.... 21 I think!!

Had fun at Big Buddha, my new name being "missy", missy can you take a photo... ha ha.. still myself perfecting the art of the one armed single traveller photo.. !

Managed to get lost at Kowloon MTR trying to get out of the station, every exit being a private area that you can't leave without a pass.. the ony exit is through miles of shopping mall... which with no budget is a real trial! Finally managed to make it to temple street market and then the walk to the star ferry for a night time Xmas light extravaganza over the harbour.. great fun.

Then the peak tram, a bit like blackpools big one but without the drop on the other side, up and up you go... countless people trying to sell you fortunes, someone should tell them don't say that your fortune is all sun and roses and someone might try and find out what is going to happen!!

The ony down side to Hong Kong was the excess baggage charge on Cathay Pacific and the confiscation of water before you get on the plane... what is that all about!!! Just bought it 50ft away from the plane. Oh well.. then the joy of small children talking all the way to Sydney and kicking you in the back, he is lucky I was feeling happy to be going to Sydney that is all I can say!