Here we go...

It’s hard to know how to start this really, not being someone who writes a lot or at all really (unless its a shopping list!). I know they say everyone has a book in them but I am starting to think more realistically a bullet point list?!?! But I will give it a go on this little Blog!

I have copied all the background to my adventure from my facebook if anyone fancies reading how I got here feel free..

Tuesday 23 December 2008

Day 8 - Final Training Day

Well today was a bit of a disappointment as we never left the dock, basically continued doing jobs on the boat to bring it up to racing condition!! I think that everyone was feeling as disappointed as I was at not setting sail for one last racing training session. Unfortunately, nothing can be done about that now.

We ran through some emergency procedures, and basic storm sail kit other than that it was a long and rather uneventful day. The forecast is for a quick race, so probably looking at 3 to no more than 4 days if all goes well. I am definitely excited about the start and to get going, there is a buzz in the air at the yacht club and the media is building up too.

Had a few drinks with the crew at the yacht club, then a couple of us went on to Kings Cross for more beers. Back to the old Bourbon and Beefsteak then onto the World Bar/Club! It was good fun to unwind with a few of the crew.