Here we go...

It’s hard to know how to start this really, not being someone who writes a lot or at all really (unless its a shopping list!). I know they say everyone has a book in them but I am starting to think more realistically a bullet point list?!?! But I will give it a go on this little Blog!

I have copied all the background to my adventure from my facebook if anyone fancies reading how I got here feel free..

Monday 22 December 2008

Day 7 - Intensive Race Training and Boat Fixing!

Great day, practice racing and pressure… just a shame that the majority of my crew were the ones with the beer fines because they could not be arsed to hang out on the rail… too busy lying back and cruising because they just don't seem to be taking it seriously.

I loved the pit under pressure, we had a moment when the outhaul broke (rope that keeps the bottom of the mainsail tight and trimmed…) had to act quick and fix it. Also the dodgy clutches posed a challenge.. really hoping I can be in the pit for the race start… loved every minute of the adrenalin and pressure. Bring on race day because I can not wait….

Weather for the race is looking like a possible downwind run all the way (spinnakers all the way), but we shall see as we are still a few days off. Anyway, not thinking that far ahead as the best days forecast is race day..!

Today was a high point for sailing, just a shame about having to come back early and fix the countless problems with the boat. I was on sticker duty bobbing about in the dingy putting on the stickers (pretty badly!!), but funny because I had to borrow the dingy, the sponge, the cloth, washing up liquid… everything to get the job done. So needless to say walked the pontoon and made a few friends, the delivery boss for “secret men’s business”, and the crew of another yacht from NZ and their goto boy!!

A few drinks at the end of a hard days work, but as ever an early night for everyone... at least I am going to be fully focused on the race...