Here we go...

It’s hard to know how to start this really, not being someone who writes a lot or at all really (unless its a shopping list!). I know they say everyone has a book in them but I am starting to think more realistically a bullet point list?!?! But I will give it a go on this little Blog!

I have copied all the background to my adventure from my facebook if anyone fancies reading how I got here feel free..

Thursday 18 December 2008

Day 2 - First Day Sailing and Training

Well it is back in the pit as my primary role, so no worries there and quite happy with that as I enjoy it. Loving being back on the water sailing again... just can't beat it.

Next day met more crew member’s that did not make the social evening Peter. Really took a back seat and H got on with it in the pit. Generally the crew are not very talkative, bit relaxed, not really hanging off the rails or in racing mode more cruising mode!! So will see how it goes. Not sure any except the bowman or foredeckie have actually raced before really…!! Sunny and rainy day, bit of a storm on way back, not much swell as we stayed close to shore.

Met the last crew member Mary at the end of the day who had missed her flight, had a interesting but again albeit short evening at the yacht club. Had a little fun when I was temporarily adopted by another crew (Mustang Sally from Perth!!).

Also, it was brilliant to catch up with Bob in the club, and really can’t wait to see my accommodation for the delivery back to Sydney on the Midnight Rambler… should be great fun…!