Here we go...

It’s hard to know how to start this really, not being someone who writes a lot or at all really (unless its a shopping list!). I know they say everyone has a book in them but I am starting to think more realistically a bullet point list?!?! But I will give it a go on this little Blog!

I have copied all the background to my adventure from my facebook if anyone fancies reading how I got here feel free..

Sunday 21 December 2008

Day 5/6 = Offshore Qualifying Passage

Well watch systems were announced and lets just say, can’t believe my luck at being on watch with the people I get on the least with…. So basically, out of all the crew on my watch I can quite easily say the there really isn’t one person I get on with so it will be a long few days.

But that is life and I just need to get on and focus on my role, the race and doing my best… I have worked hard to get here and not going to let anything stand in the way of doing it well. Obviously it would be nice to have the same family feel as Middle Sea but that is not going to happen with this crew by any stretch of the imagination.

24hrs on a boat was great; I am back in the same bunk… just no Amy sharing with me!! Back in the watch systems. Have to say that the food was slightly better (at least no wayfarers boil in bag), right up until it ran out for lunch on the way back… They don’t seem very organised here., seems more like everyone is on holiday mode and to be honest don’t think you are getting value for money!

Didn’t take long to get back in the swing of things, starting to get excited about the race. Roll on the Hobart..!