Here we go...

It’s hard to know how to start this really, not being someone who writes a lot or at all really (unless its a shopping list!). I know they say everyone has a book in them but I am starting to think more realistically a bullet point list?!?! But I will give it a go on this little Blog!

I have copied all the background to my adventure from my facebook if anyone fancies reading how I got here feel free..

Thursday 15 January 2009

Ulladulla to Sydney

We left the beach house early with the relevant supplies, cheese and ham toasties, wine, beer and bundy! I motored us out of the harbour, very precarious stuff as there is a lot of reef around Ulladulla and Bob tells me last time the boat had a little accident so I am being very careful and following the leads which basically guide you through safe water.

Once we are clear of the reef we head up to Sydney, its an absolutely gorgeous day hot sunny and we have a great breeze... top speed of the day I catch at 13.1 Knots... yay!! To be honest I spend 90% of my time on the helm and am pretty happy, we have dolphins cruising with us again and manage to get a better video than the previous leg of the delivery when the sea was rougher and darker!

One comment I will make is that I have never eaten so much cheese in my life... after the initial pork chops its been cheese toastie, cheese and ham toastie... cheese and salsa quesadillas, cheese and bread, cheese and crackers... of couse we have wine with the cheese!! I think next time I shouldn't be so hungover when the supplies are being bought for a delivery...

We get to Sydney for 1am on the 13th Jan, lots of hugs and kisses in the crew and good work for getting here and in one piece, no damage and a great little downwind run the whole way. Who could ask for more. So a few little celebratory drinks and then off to bed....

The next morning its up, off to the CYC for breakfast before getting started on cleaning up the boat. This takes a couple of hours then we take it easy, relax have a drink. Amy comes for a visit and we do lunch at the CYC with her and her sister Lucy. Its good to catch up, and we arrange to do the Twilight race tomorrow evening on the AFR Midnight Rambler with the delivery crew and a few extras who race weekly. Its a chilled day on the Tuesday with a nice dinner in the evening at Double Bay with Steph, Sue and some of their friends, then back to the boat.

Wednesday I pop back to Manly to start sorting things out for New Zealand on Thursday, then its back to the CYC for the twilight race. Have a fabulous time, the race is great although I get pretty bruised rolling about the boat trimming the headsail. Its a fun race though, we go upwind to the end of the harbour then back downwind where you crack open a beer, then a few more up and downwind shorter runs and we are back in! Nice and quick and a bit of fun, we at least beat the main rival of AFR which is good but no idea where we came overall.

We meet Stu and Lana (from Hobart race on AFR) on the dock, then off to the bar for drinks where we run into the getaway sailing crew and Charles from my watch on the Sydney to Hobart. After staying till the bar shuts, we head back to the boat for a little party and to drink what is left on there, then finally get to sleep. Bob Bert and Bill are back to Mackay and I head off first thing in the morning and go back to Liz's to crash for the day, then pack and in the evening I head to the airport for my next adventure in NZ with Amy going to Kiakoura.... very excited!