Here we go...

It’s hard to know how to start this really, not being someone who writes a lot or at all really (unless its a shopping list!). I know they say everyone has a book in them but I am starting to think more realistically a bullet point list?!?! But I will give it a go on this little Blog!

I have copied all the background to my adventure from my facebook if anyone fancies reading how I got here feel free..

Saturday 3 January 2009

Leaving Hobart and on to Fortescue Bay on the Delivery

We are all up at day break to see a beautiful sunrise and out at 6.30am, I steered us out of the harbour and basically helmed most of the way. I am wearing every layer I own as the weather is absolutely freezing. My phone is off and we are sailing! Pulling out of Hobart we wave farewell and I hear the first cough of the day (beer cough that is!). I have been trained that the boys have a certain cough which is indication that a beer is needed! Very funny… so a quick toast to Hobart as we head north to warmer climbs…

It was a short day, a little motoring to start but then a great sailing run up the coast and into the Bay. We arrived there at around 2pm and anchored up. I am getting to do most things on the boat which is great, learning what I can when I can.

Shortly after we pull up Glenn from getaway sailing pulls up and rafts along side us. He knows the guys as he is also from Mackay! So we spend the afternoon and evening chilling together.
Bob puts on pork chops, mash and veg… fabulous first night dinner, with some wine and a little Jimmy Buffet… something I have to get used to! The three of them are Jimmy’s number one fans and as we have a CD player and the only CDs seem to be Jimmy I am thinking I will know all the words by Sydney!