Here we go...

It’s hard to know how to start this really, not being someone who writes a lot or at all really (unless its a shopping list!). I know they say everyone has a book in them but I am starting to think more realistically a bullet point list?!?! But I will give it a go on this little Blog!

I have copied all the background to my adventure from my facebook if anyone fancies reading how I got here feel free..

Sunday 8 June 2008

First Race Training Weekend

Well, what can I say the weather was glorious and the wind was perfect for training. Had a fantastic time, learned lots about sailing and racing so am now getting really excited about the thought of the Sydney Hobart.

Not sure how well you would ever sleep in the boat, its like being in a coffin, very tight.. but an experience, definitely back to basics. I loved every minute, brilliant group, we had a funny one being run aground on the bramble when the boats depth gauge failed!! hanging over the edge of the boat for a while whilst trying to get back into deep water...!!

I got to do lots, steering is not my strong point I found out (don't anyone dare say like my driving!!) and the favourite bit was trimming, trimming the spinnaker (big sail at front of boat for lots of speed when sailing downwind!) I have blisters and bruises but am happy as larry...
Roll on Round the Island... I have now signed up for a race at Cowes week too... love it! :-)